To access this collection of reports, documents, and brochures in regard to the Petroleum Council, click on the links below.
BLM Flaring and Venting Rule - Provides outline of the BLM proposed rule on venting and flaring, including impacts to state tax revenues and royalty revenues.
Flaring Fact Sheet - Provides outline on flaring in North Dakota and the challenges and solutions to capturing more natural gas.
- This document outlines North Dakota's oil and gas tax structure as of June 1, 2015.
Intitial Findings - Bakken Crude Quality Assurance Study
- The intial findings of the Bakken Crude Quality Assurance Study were presented Tuesday, May 20, 2014. This document outlines these findings. Click here for a copy of the presentation.
- This document contains production, development, employment, tax and other North Dakota oil and gas industry statistics.We try to update it around the 15th of every month, so be sure to check back for the most recent edition. This version is for digital use or printed use free of charge.
- A study by North Dakota State University found that the petroleum industry contributed $43 billion to the state's economy in 2013 and supported a total of 80,000 jobs statewide. View the full study or fact sheet to see how the industry has impacted you:
NDSU Presentation of Results, March 10, 2015
- This is a report on the economic impact the oil and gas industry had on North Dakota in 2011. A summary of the findings can be found here.
- This is a report on the economic impact the oil and gas industry had on North Dakota in 2009.
- This is a report on the economic impact the oil and gas industry had on North Dakota in 2007.
- This handout is an early assessment from the Energy and Environmental Research Center on water consumption and distribution in North Dakota.
- This brochure provides an overview of the Energy Career Awareness Program here in North Dakota.
- The North Dakota State Land Department has developed this online right of way application form to make the application process easier and quicker.